With the awareness of energy costs becoming more prevalent in production and facility design decisions, and the increasing competitive procurement options for energy, the ability to manage energy use and costs has become an increasingly important part of day-to-day business management. With deregulation of energy markets and the entrance of multiple suppliers and services providers, the potential for billing and supply errors has increased dramatically. As a result, verification of supplier performance, measured use and costs of supply has become a more critical day-to-day management activity.
Bridgestone Energy Services, Ltd. provides equipment and its installation to monitor and manage energy, and Bridgestone Associates, Ltd. provides a full range of services related to the management of energy.
These services include:
- Assembly and organization of energy use data
- Verification of correct tariff application and bill calculation methodologies
- Verification of supply contract performance
- Analysis of unexpected costs such as balancing penalties, power factor penalties and demand ratchets
- Energy use and cost data analysis on a facility-by-facility, utility-by-utility, or other basis
- Preparation of, and discussion on management reports on utilities uses and costs
- Routine analysis and reporting of costs and energy utilization
- Design and implementation of hardware and software systems to monitor, track, control and manage energy
- Real-time and near real-time monitoring of energy use and utilization